uperb castle surrounded by its gardens and basins drawn by Le Nôtre in 1769.Chantilly includes the small Castle from 16th century and the Large Castle of the 19th century, harmoniously joined together. The first shelters the cabinet of the Books, with its splendid collection of manuscripts and enluminures gathered by duke d’ Aumale.With Gouvieux, Lamorlaye, Coye-the-Forest and Avilly-Saint-Léonard, Chantilly forms a vast horse complex of 1500 ha. The horses, of the prices of the Jockey-Club and Diane galloping in front of the large Stables of princes de Condé, who constitute the bottom of decoration of racecourse Princes. Opened in 1833, they were built of 1719 to 1735 by the architect Jean AUBERT, the large stables are long 186 meters. 180 horses there were looked after. Since 1982 they shelter the museum of the Horse.